Everything is big in Vegas, including the prizes. Here are some of the luckiest and biggest winners in Las Vegas history
- In 1998 an anonymous female flight attendant in her mid-60s was the winner of $680 000 on The Wheel of Fortune and then also won $27 500 000 a few months later on the Megabucks jackpot in Vegas.
- On 21 March 2003, a 25-year-old software engineer from Los Angeles won the biggest jackpot of all time at The Excalibur Hotel and Casino. He won $39,713,982.25 which he chose to have paid to him in $1.5 million yearly instalments for 25 years.
- A WW2 veteran by the name of Elmer Sherwin won a $4.6 million Megabucks jackpot shortly after the Mirage first opened in 1989 and then sixteen years later he won $21 million from the very same jackpot.
- In January 2000, a 37-year-old cocktail waitress named Cynthia Jay-Brennan walked away $34.9 million richer after winning on a Megabucks machine at the Desert Inn.
- In March 2002, Johanna Huendl, 74, played $170 on the Megabucks machine and ended up winning $22.6 million.